Sunday 13 March 2011

The Coconut Grove

Answer to yesterday's riddle: Given STANDARD, simply remove the two A's, add 1, 2, 3 to get 1ST 2ND 3RD.

Sneaky! Haha, I'm actually very pleased that several of you guys got this one. I personally had to mull it over for the longest time. This next one I thought is kinda neat:

An American nightclub called 'The Coconut Grove' had a terrible fire in which over 400 people died. A simple design flaw in the building led to the death toll being so high. Subsequently, regulations were changed to ensure that all public buildings throughout the country eliminated this one detail which proved so deadly. What was it?

31 comments:

  1. Umm, I'm puzzled.
    I guess you win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the doors gotta be the doors only thing besides narrow hallway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post man ! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the door should swing out, not swing in so that people won't push against it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the door should swing out, not swing in to prevent people from pushing against it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. X0

    Why do I suck at this so bad? I've been staring at this for like 5 minutes now and still. Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They stopped making night clubs out of wood?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for the answer, because I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow @ the answer.
    a door?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also think it has to do with the door opening in wrong way :D following, want to see more riddles :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. different building material perhaps

    ReplyDelete
  12. It didn't have emergency fire exits?

    ReplyDelete
  13. More than one exit from a basement

    ReplyDelete
  14. great blog
    following and $upporting

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmh Coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hmm.. i gotta check the answer to this tmrw :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. add a door?

    An overwhelming dose of awesome can be found in my 4th electro set! Check it
    Electric Addict Set #4

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like Jay.CA's guess, so I'll go with that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll go along with the doors swinging inward as the flaw.

    ReplyDelete
  20. it's the doors: they were inward opening, so people are just pushing against the doors, squeezing everybody at the door, not being able to open them

    ReplyDelete
  21. Too sleepy to answer something like this XD

    ReplyDelete